Thursday 1 October 2015

Initial Ideas for topic title

My initial topic theme was Gothic Literature, in particular vampires. What interested me about this subject is how much it has changed and developed over the years. The supernatural, ie. vampires, werewolves, warlocks etc., was a taboo subject, something in which evoked fear, however now it is something which is glamourised. An idea I've already got for a task tile is "Gothic literature and culture: How have perceptions and portrayal of the supernatural changed from then to now?" With more research I will choose a specific time period, after more thought I decided my topic was not only going to focus on Gothic Literature but rather 'Gothic Culture' as whole, therefore including TV programmes, films etc. as this is also relevant to my research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment